- LAUREL, Maryland, April 10, 2014 / -- IEC Chesapeake hosted over 120 men and women in various facets of the electrical industry for the 2nd Annual Safety Fest. Partnering with SEE, Inc. and Preferred Insurance Services, Inc., the event offers free seminars and resources to help increase on-the-job safety and make safety a central concern for electrical contractors and employees. This is the second year the event sold out.
February 27, 2014 (Laurel, MD) – Gov. Martin O’Malley and Lt. Gov. Anthony Brown announced the selection of 16 “Preferred Training Partners” one of which was the consortia of IEC Chesapeake, ABC Baltimore, and the Job Opportunities Task Force (JOTF).
- February 11, 2014 (Laurel, MD) – IEC Chesapeake Executive Director Grant Shmelzer attended A National Symposium: Veterans' Employment in Construction
2014 Safety FestApril 10, 2014 7AM Register Here!
Prepare Now for OSHA’s December 1, 2013 Employer Training Deadline Required By the New Hazard Communication Standard – Free Webinar
How to Meet New OSHA HazCom Training Requirements Webinar
Inspector Ed Riesner warns GE generator transfer switches could present fire hazard
Mandatory OSHA 30-Hour Bill Defeated
- Prepare Now for OSHA’s December 1, 2013 Employer Training Deadline Required By the New Hazard Communication Standard – Free Webinar
Recent Blog Posts
- 04/23/2014 - Industry Partner and Outreach Committee Meeting
- 04/30/2014 - Prevailing Wage Seminar
- 05/05/2014 - Governmental Affairs Committee Meeting
- 05/20/2014 - IEC Chesapeake’s 16th Annual Bill Robey Memorial Golf Tournament
- 05/31/2014 - 2014 IEC Chesapeake Apprenticeship Graduation
- 06/03/2014 - 3rd Annual Solar Roadshow
- 06/11/2014 - Apprenticeship Committee Meeting
- 06/17/2014 - Virginia Crab Feast
- 07/16/2014 - Renewable Energy Committee Meeting
- 07/16/2014 - Continuing Education Committee Meeting
IEC Connection Request