No. Probably not.
Clean Rooms and Legrand SteriGuard
In the unfortunate event that you, or someone you love, ends up in a hospital, you don't want to leave with anything that should have been left there.
Staphylococcus, mold, flesh eating bacteria. I'd prefer they keep those there. Under wraps.
If you are unfamiliar with clean rooms, these are specialized technical work spaces that can be found anywhere from a hospital or pharmaceutical plant, to water processing plants and hybrid car manufacturing. Anywhere that there is a concern for airborne debris, particulates, and microbes.
In my lighting career I certainly saw and purchased "clean room lighting", which you can imagine was sealed and had specialized lenses. Not being the specifier for the electrical components, I did not come in contact with outlets, cables, and power delivery.
Our friend (and Associate Partners) at Legrand have given the outlets in clean room settings a LOT of thought; hence, SteriGuard:
"SteriGuard™ Anti-Microbial Wiring Devices provide excellent protection against the growth of microbes on all surfaces. Independent testing proves the ability of these devices to inhibit the growth of Escherichia coli, Gram (-) and Staphylococcus aureus, Gram (+) providing long lasting benefits to manufacturers’ beyond conventional cleaning methods. Rated watertight for 1,500 psi high-pressure hosedown, these plugs and connectors feature multiple seals to ensure protection against the environment. SteriGuard provides a cost-effective way to add additional safety precautions and unequaled assurance that every feasible step has been taken in the interest of consumer protection.
- UL and CSA Listed
- NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) Certified
- Patent Pending
- Anti-microbial Additives Embedded in polymer and inhibits Growth of Bacteria, Molds, Mildews and Fungi
- Anti-microbial Additive Resistant to Scuffing and Cleaning
- Escherichia (E.Coli): - Log reduction > 4.8, reduced surface bacteria by > 99.99%
- Staphylococcus (Staph), MRSA: - Log Reduction > 4.3, reduces surface bacteria by > 99.97%
- Salmonella – Log Reduction > 3.6, reduces surface bacteria by > 99.97%
- RoHS Compliant (Non-Halogenated)
- Independently tested and Certified to JIS Z2801 standards
- Resistant to High Pressure Hose-down applications
- Tongue & Groove Environmental Sealing
- Keyed Body and Cover for Alignment
- NEMA Type 4, 4x, 6, 6P and IP67 Protection
- Steriguard™ Anti-microbial Wiring Devices are ideal for a wide range of applications including food and beverage preparation, procession, & packaging; agriculture, pharmaceutical, and health care. "
If you are working on clean room specs, or will be bidding medical setting work in 2019, you may well want to consider SteriGuard.
Jenny Boone Business Development
By recognizing it’s worth.
The Trades suffer from an image of not being professional ...read more
Seriously- can your Honor Student scan lug characteristics, automatically configure themselves for the perfect crimp ...read more
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016