48 Hour Fire Alarm Class
October 16 @ 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 am on Saturday, repeating until November 6, 2021
A 48 hour course that provides hands on training.
September 18 – November 6, 2021
Saturdays, 7:00 AM – 1:00 PM
IEC National Fire Alarm Systems Curriculum. This Course is based on Requirements specified in NFPA’s National Fire Alarm Code– NFPA 72.
This unique and informative course will provide qualified journeyman electricians with the knowledge necessary to work on fire alarm systems. The ESTS Fire Alarm I Course is designed for experienced electricians, such as those specializing in fire alarm systems and limited energy. Taking the course in conjunction with NFPA 72 will prepare installers to sit for NICET certification.
Students will need to bring The NFPA 72 and Hand Tools for Meter to Circuit Testing & Lab Sessions.
- Early Registration: $936.00
- Standard Registration: $1040.00
- Members receive 25% discount
Cancellation deadline is 14 business days prior to seminar. All cancellations received after deadline and/or no-shows will be billed and/or are non-refundable. IEC Chesapeake A&T has the right to cancel class if less than 12 students register.
- Basic functions of Fire Alarm systems
- Types of Fire Alarm systems
- Fire Alarm Control Systems
- Fire Alarm Control Units
- Initiation Devices
- Notification Devices
- Fire Alarm Circuits & Pathways
- Supervising Station Alarm systems
- Fire Alarm systems –Inspection, testing and maintenance
- False Alarm Prevention
- Circuit Testing & Lab
- Emergency Communication systems