New Leaders and Managers
October 7 @ 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
One Day, 8-hour in person seminar
October 7, 2022
7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
We often promote associates to positions they are not trained for, thereby setting them and the company up for failure, or at the very least a painful and extended learning process. Training new Leaders and Managers to identify and address the new issues they will be facing is essential to their success. Training will provide the knowledge, experience will provide the wisdom, and practice will lead to greater leadership and management experiences.
This 1-day course is packed full and designed for the newly promoted or future leader in our companies. It is also suitable for junior leaders and managers who have not been formally exposed to management styles and philosophies.
- The difference between Leadership and Management
- The relationship between responsibility and accountability
- Learn to be a critical thinker
- Effective delegation including feedback and assessment
- Shared responsibility for an outcome
- Common reasons for individual failures and successes
- Constant and continuous improvement
- The benefits of effective communication
- Setting examples for, planning for, and teaching others
- The structure of a successful Team
- Emotional intelligence and managing healthy relationships
- Knowing your people
- Prioritizing effectively
- Conflict management
- Coordination with other Managers, Leaders, and Teams.
It is often said that Leaders have one thing Manager don’t…followers. The participants in this course will learn to develop skills that will encourage volunteer followers through effective Leadership.
- Early Registration: $675.00
- Standard Registration: $750.00
- Members receive 25% discount
Cancellation deadline is 14 business days prior to seminar. All cancellations received after deadline and/or no-shows will be billed and/or are non-refundable. IEC Chesapeake A&T has the right to cancel class if less than 15 students register.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Mike Basham has over 35 years of experience in the electrical industry with 20 years of experience as an electrical apprenticeship and lab instructor.
Graduated electrical apprenticeship in 1989. Held positions as Journeyman, Foreman, Project Manager, Sr. Project Manager, Vice President, and Business Owner.
SME (Subject Matter Expert) for NCCER from 1996-2000, National Instructor of the Year 2000.