"Basic DataCom" Class Starts April 11
Going Up? Workforce Development
IEC Chesapeake is looking for the right candidate to fill our Work Force Development Coordinator position. Is it you? Could it be someone you know?
Please see below:
Workforce Development Coordinator :
This position is responsible for workforce recruitment and retention for the IEC Chesapeake Chapter utilizing presentations and various marketing efforts. Develop programs and resources that improve student employability and success with IEC electrical contractors. Ensures adequate jobs and applicants are available to fill vacancies in the electrical industry.
- Identify schools, organizations and government entities for prospective recruits.
- Call and set-up recruitment presentations with schools and organizations in the chapter area.
- Attend job fairs, conferences, school functions and career fairs for recruitment purposes.
- Maintain records database of calls, scheduled follow-up activities and contacts made to recruit apprentices to the IEC Apprenticeship Program.
- Plan and hold job fairs as required by the demand for apprentices.
- Act as a liaison to schools, faith-based, community-based and other organizations with the purpose of finding employment for their populations.
- Develop methods to assist member contractors to interact with schools, including “adopting” a school; contractor media kit; contact information for schools for contractors, etc.
- Prepare training budget for department and/or individual training seminars.
- Identify and apply for various private and government funding opportunities and distribute information to area companies involved in training.
- Coordination of and assistance in physically opening and closing classes/events including Saturdays and possibly out of town locations when needed.
- Work with marketing department to promote classes/events to prospects through social media, email, mailing and site visits.
Skill Sets Required:
· A minimum of five years of related experience, or the equivalent combination of four years of education and experience.
· Proficiency in Windows, MS Office, Outlook , data base management programs and presentation software.
· Proficiency with social media platforms.
· Display excellent organizational and planning skills.
· Experience and proficiency in public speaking to both small and large groups.
· Current driver’s license and clear DMV record.
IECC offers a benefit package with health, dental, paid time off and 401K.
Please email resume along with cover letter and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I hear your eyes rolling, the “humph” sound you just made, and the “Yeah, right ...read more
Maybe it’s because I love all things lighting…maybe it’s because I live ...read more
We shut the course again this year.
Thank you to all of the IEC Chesapeake ...read more
Industrial Apprenticeship. Our Associate Partners at Siemens are among American corporations embracing a very old ...read more
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016