This position provides administrative support for assigned programs, serving as a point of contact to students, prospective students, and faculty on matters related to courses and enrollment, program requirements, and other administrative matters. Additionally,this position provides support for the E Training programs.
- Receives and screens visitors, telephone calls, and notifies staff members or relays messages.
- Maintain office and front lobby in an organized and professional manner.
- Provide administrative support to the Education Department.
- Assists with enrolling E Training students and maintaining their files.
- Organizes and maintains student files.
- Assists and serves as a backup for processing applications including administering entry exams and setting up for interviews. Including following through for completion of the process and updating electronic and paper files with status and paperwork.
- Assists and serves as backup for maintaining state registration paperwork for all students including employer documents.
- Resolves or appropriately refers questions, requests, complaints, and problems.
- Works with Marketing company on social media postings
- Assists with development and revision of forms, letters, publications, and website content to enhance office operations.
- Maintain student and company databases
- Administrative assistance where needed in all areas of operation including but not limited to: Continuing Education, Events, Membership, Apprenticeship
- Assists with coordination of events, meetings and conferences; program registrations and communications; coordinate room reservations, set-up, equipment, and provide logistical support. Makes appointments and travel arrangements as needed.
The successful Candidate will be comfortable working as part of a team guided by the mission, vision, and strategic goals of IEC Chesapeake, and meet the following qualifications:
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, with two years of experience in office or administrative positions. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Valid motor vehicle license required.
- Must possess a high level of strong organizational skills, attention to details orientation, efficient management of time and resources as evidenced by ability to set and meet clear deadlines; and excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Windows OS, Microsoft Office-to include WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and navigation of Internet.
- Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs.
- Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner.
- Standing, walking, sitting, speaking, and viewing computer screens for long periods of time.
- Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20 lbs.
- Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm for extended periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Primary work environment is indoor temperature-controlled.
- Local vehicle travel required as necessary up to approximately 5%.
HOW TO APPLY
Resumes and cover letters with salary requirement would need to be sent to email@example.com.