This person coordinates educational offerings, events and meetings for the IEC Chesapeake Chapter. Assists in outreach efforts and resources that increase member and student enrollment in Continuing Education classes, chapter meetings and events.
- Coordinate continuing education classes, events and meetings with staff, vendors, and contractors including scheduling, cost estimates, required equipment and supplies, timelines, catering, and other facility requirements.
- Coordinates with vendors and other partners to ensure accurate and professional setup and logistical flow of events, including notification to impacted areas throughout the facility.
- Manages relationships and scheduling for revenue and co-sponsored events and acts as the main interface related to agreements, supplemental fees (catering, rentals, and AV services as needed), processes, and procedures.
- Monitors event activities to ensure all requirements are met and clean-up/re-set is handled.
- Implements event planning and facility usage policies and procedures and follows those and other procedures and policies to ensure safety in all events.
- Provides assistance to other staff for their events.
- Maintains a system of record for all room utilization. Controls reservation process per requests from staff, educational partners and chapter members for the use of IECC facility.
- Posts classes to the various calendars and databases.
- Handling of all administrative duties for continuing education, including, but not limited to class scheduling, collateral creation, posting to website, evaluations, budgets, updating of classes and registering students on website, opening and closing paperwork.
- Responsible for invoicing customers and receiving payments for all continuing education seminars.
- Coordination of and assistance in physically opening and closing for events, meetings and continuing education classes including Saturdays and possibly out of town locations when needed.
- Responsible for the ordering of all supplies needed for continuing education, events, and Membership meetings, i.e. books, food, snacks, etc.
- Responsible for obtaining, submitting, and maintaining CEU Approvals in all state and local jurisdictions where classes are held.
- Respond to inquiries regarding programs.
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Collate content for posting on various social media platforms.
- Act as additional back up for answering phones and greeting customers.
- These duties include and are not limited to the description here within and subject to change based upon need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have excellent organizational, multitasking and planning skills.
- Minimum of two years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced knowledge of Windows, MS Office, Outlook, data base management programs and presentation software.
- Must have basic knowledgeable of social media platforms.
- Must have strong analytical skills. Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the ability to effectively interface with staff, boards of directors, and the general public.
- Keen appreciation for follow up, follow through, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of participants, staff, and community.
- Must have current driver’s license and clear DMV record.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Ability to work a varied schedule, including evenings and weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resumes and cover letters with salary requirement to [email protected].