One of the largest chapters of the Independent Electrical Contractors Association (IEC), IEC Chesapeake (IECC) includes over 170 contractors and industry partners representing over 40,000 men and women in all facets of the electrical and HVAC industries. Our strong infrastructure and our relationships with other organizations and community colleges allow us to provide advanced, Hands-On education and additional resources to members. Our Online ( E Apprenticeship) program has included students as far away as Germany. While it is impossible to include all of the benefits our members receive, we encourage you to take a look at just some of the reasons the IECC family continues to grow.
In addition to General benefits, contractors can take advantage of these additional benefits:
- State and Federally approved apprenticeship programs
- A full-time staff dedicated to electrical and Telecommunications Apprenticeships
- A hands-on training philosophy, utilizing industry-leading labs and class instruction that allows students to practice in real world applications
- Numerous teaching locations to make in-person programs more convenient for students and employers
- Access to the only online electrical program approved by the State of Maryland & DC
- Access to AMPS database, which tracks Apprentice grades and attendance, and compiles OJL Hours
- Email updates to keep employers aware of any classroom issues, and a Student Newsletter
- Students earn college credit through ACE
- The ability to see available apprentices, or to labor share with other members is a privilege of membership.
- OSHA 10- and 30-hour, CPR, and First Aid Online training
- New contractor members receive a Safety Manual in a digital format to assist them in designing and implementing a comprehensive safety program
- IEC Chesapeake and IEC National Safety Committees meet to discuss important industry safety trends, develop new class offerings, and provide additional resources and products to members to promote safety on the job sites
- Certification and Licensing Prep Classes
- Specialty training in Safety, Generators, Fire Alarm Systems, Motor Controls, Low Voltage, and Data and Video
- NICET classes in person and online
- NABCEP approved service provider for administering the Associate Level PV Systems exam
- Business management classes, including position-specific training
- Business productivity seminars covering new products, software, and management techniques
Members Only Log In
IEC Chesapeake is dedicated to enhancing the lives of our members and improving the profitability of their businesses. Our Members Only portal provides access to exclusive services that will give you a competitive advantage, from industry news, to discount programs, apprentices available, code information and select educational classes and events.