Building Your Troubleshooting Skills Part I
September 19 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Although the two-day seminar is highly recommended and the most popular and gives enough time to build, test, troubleshoot and understand electrical components, circuits and systems, there are times when beginning students just need a good starting point.Register
Meters, 3ø Motors, Mechanical & Solid-State Relays/Inputs, Basic VFDs, Grounding and more….
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS HANDS-ON SEMINAR:
- Understand how to APPLY (not state) Ohms Law and the Power Formula when troubleshooting. Examples of this include testing heating elements, and understanding voltage, current, resistance, and power measurements.
- Improve your troubleshooting skills by building and testing electrical circuits using several different test instruments.
- Know what meter type and meter attachments to use when troubleshooting and what your meter readings mean.
- Learn to use Min/Max, Relative, Peak, Low-Z, and other meter functions when troubleshooting.
- Learn how to take Voltage, Current, Resistance measurements safely.
- Determine the type of NEMA 3ø motor and how to connect it without using the nameplate diagram and what the resistance measurement must be before applying power.
- Learn how to connect, test, and troubleshoot a VFD.
- Understanding the difference between troubleshooting electromechanical and solid-state components.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS SEMINAR?
Electrical contractors, Project Managers, Electrical Technicians, Journeymen Electricians
- Early Registration: $513.00
- Standard Registration: $570.00
- Members receive 25% discount
Cancellation deadline is 14 business days prior to seminar. All cancellations received after deadline and/or no-shows will be billed and/or are non-refundable. IEC Chesapeake A&T has the right to cancel class if less than 15 students register.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Glen Mazur is the author of over 45 books including Troubleshooting Electrical Systems, Electrical Motor controls for integrated systems and Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers. Glen has presented his Troubleshooting Seminar to such companies as Intel, Clorox, Disney World, Diageo Bottling, Abbott Labs, etc. and several other IEC Chapters, as well as government agencies like the Department of Energy and Department of Defense.