- This event has passed.
Building Your Troubleshooting Skills Part II
September 20 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
This the continuation of the basic (Part I) seminar and is designed to provide additional knowledge and skills.
CLASS IS FULL!
Power Quality, Advance VFDs, PLCs, Circuit and System Troubleshooting, and more….
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS SEMINAR:
- Learn how to troubleshoot new problems, such as harmonics, transients, and overloaded neutrals.
- Electrical problems will be covered using test circuits to show improper grounding, voltage flat topping, poor power factor and how to correct power problems.
- Determine the type of IEC (European U/V/W) 3ø motor and how to connect it without using the nameplate diagram and what the resistance measurement must be before applying power,
- Determine how to connect, program, and troubleshoot VFDs
- Reset a VFD to factory default, program and wire a VFD for 2-wire and 3-wire control using both mechanical and solid-state controls.
- Understand heat problems when using solid-state components and heat sink ratings and selection.
- Learn how to take and understand a meters Diode, Capacitance, and Duty Cycle measurement modes.
- Watch a quick video of the class: https://youtu.be/63nbEk45pgE
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS SEMINAR?
Electrical contractors, Project Managers, Electrical Technicians, Journeymen Electricians looking for more advance troubleshooting skills.
- Early Registration: $513.00
- Standard Registration: $570.00
- Members receive 25% discount
Cancellation deadline is 14 business days prior to seminar. All cancellations received after deadline and/or no-shows will be billed and/or are non-refundable. IEC Chesapeake A&T has the right to cancel class if less than 15 students register.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Glen Mazur is the author of over 45 books including Troubleshooting Electrical Systems, Electrical Motor controls for integrated systems and Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers. Glen has presented his Troubleshooting Seminar to such companies as Intel, Clorox, Disney World, Diageo Bottling, Abbott Labs, etc. and several other IEC Chapters, as well as government agencies like the Department of Energy and Department of Defense.