This position works with developing and following up leads for new chapter membership, both Contractor and Associate Partner. Touring prospects through headquarter facility, follow up with prospect communications, pursue leads that come from Indeed and Linked In, participate in social media marketing as prescribed by department and protocols for social media messaging (Linked In and Twitter).
This position will also assist with scouting venues for Events and in the filling of IECC events and their sponsorships.
This position will assist the Education Department in identifying placement opportunities for Workforce Development/Pre-Apprenticeship Program graduates.
- Networking with current chapter members to both meet needs and develop leads for prospects.
- Assist in follow-up on any prospects department identifies.
- Assist in promoting continuing education classes.
- Assist in both scouting event locations for feasibility and in working the events themselves.
- Promote Careers in the electrical and low voltage industry (Through Career Fairs, Presentations, and networking events)*
- Assist Workforce Development team in identifying openings for pre-apprentices and school to apprentices with member companies*
- Promote the pre-apprenticeship and school to apprenticeship program to members and prospects and assist the Education Department in identifying potential openings for the students*
- Identify and follow up with member companies who have hiring needs and engage them in participating in events mentioned above*
*These aspects reports to the Executive Director
- The successful Candidate will be comfortable working as part of a team guided by the mission, vision, and strategic goals of IEC Chesapeake, and meet the following qualifications:
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, with experience in sales, preferably in the electrical industry- or related.
- Valid motor vehicle license and clean driving record required.
- Must possess a high level of strong organizational skills, attention to detail orientation, efficient management of time and resources as evidenced by the ability to set and meet clear deadlines; and excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable in the use of Windows OS, Microsoft Office-to include WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, and navigation of the Internet.
- Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending, or descending stairs.
- Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner.
- Standing, walking, sitting, speaking, and viewing computer screens for long periods of time.
- Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20 lbs.
- Typing, punching, or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm for extended periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- The primary work environment is indoor temperature-controlled.
- Local vehicle travel required as necessary up to approximately 50%.
HOW TO APPLY
Resumes and cover letters with salary requirement would need to be sent to email@example.com.