This position provides administrative coordination for assigned programs, serving as a point of contact to students, prospective students, and faculty on matters related to courses and enrollment, program requirements, policies and procedures, and other administrative matters.
- Receives and screens visitors, telephone calls and notifies staff members or relays messages.
- Maintain office and front lobby in organized and professional manner.
- Provide administrative support to the Education department.
- Communicates with students regarding program and enrollment procedures. Schedules appointments and prepares student files for enrollment.
- Processes applications including administering entry exams and setting up for interview. Responsible for follow through for completion of process and updating electronic and paper file with status and paperwork.
- Assist with A/R, A/P
- Prepares correspondence and mailings to applicants and prospects, maintains applicant records, and organizes information.
- Assists with state registration paperwork for all students including employer documents.
- Maintain files, paper and electronic, to include but not limited to: student files, registration and enrollment paperwork, attendance rosters, instructor files, policies and procedures, book forms and other items pertaining to program.
- Maintains daily appointment calendar for assigned staff; communicates information regarding cancellations or changes.
- Assists with coordination of events, meetings and conferences; program registrations and communications; coordinate room reservations, set-up, equipment, and provide logistical support. Makes appointments and travel arrangements as needed.
The successful Candidate will be comfortable working as part of a team guided by the mission, vision, and strategic goals of IEC Chesapeake, and meet the following qualifications:
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, with two years of experience in office or administrative positions. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Valid motor vehicle license required.
- Must possess a high level of organizational skills, attention to details orientation, efficient management of time and resources as evidenced by ability to set and meet clear deadlines; and excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Windows OS, Microsoft Office-to include WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and navigation of Internet.
- Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs.
- Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner.
- Standing, walking, sitting, speaking, and viewing computer screens for long periods of time.
- Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20 lbs.
- Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm for extended periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Primary work environment is indoor temperature-controlled.
- Local vehicle travel required as necessary up to approximately 5%.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resumes and cover letters with salary requirement to [email protected].