This position will maintain state and federal paperwork for all students and employers. Additionally, this position provides administrative coordination for assigned programs, serving as a point of contact to students, prospective students, and faculty on matters related to compliance and grant funding.
- Maintain Federal and multiple State apprentice and employer registration paperwork.
- Maintain IECC, state and federal databases.
- Process and maintain all Veterans Affairs paperwork
- Assist with obtaining, submitting and maintaining CEU approvals in all state and local jurisdictions where classes are held.
- Prepares correspondence and mailings to applicants and prospects, maintains applicant records, and organizes information.
- Assisting in Apprenticeship including, but not limited to application processing, invoicing, preparing of packets, calls for payment, etc.
- Serve as back up for answering incoming calls, answering questions, taking messages and providing high quality customer service.
- Assist in special projects such as mailing, events, database and website updates.
- Maintains daily appointment calendar for assigned staff; communicates information regarding cancellations or changes.
The successful Candidate will be comfortable working as part of a team guided by the mission, vision, and strategic goals of IEC Chesapeake, and meet the following qualifications:
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, with two years of experience in office or administrative positions. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Valid motor vehicle license required.
- Must possess a high level of organizational skills, attention to details orientation, efficient management of time and resources as evidenced by ability to set and meet clear deadlines; and excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Windows OS, Microsoft Office-to include WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and navigation of Internet.
- Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs.
- Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner.
- Standing, walking, sitting, speaking, and viewing computer screens for long periods of time.
- Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20 lbs.
- Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm for extended periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Primary work environment is indoor temperature-controlled.
- Local vehicle travel required as necessary up to approximately 5%.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resumes and cover letters with salary requirement to [email protected].