This position works with developing and following up leads for new chapter membership, both Contractor and Associate Partner. Follow up with prospect communications, pursue leads that come from Indeed and Linked In, participate in social media marketing as prescribed by department and protocols for social media messaging (Linked In and Twitter).
Work with department head on Marketing and Branding.
This position will also assist with scouting venues for Events and in the filling of IECC events and their sponsorships in conjunction with Business Development team.
This position will assist the Education Department in identifying placement opportunities for Workforce Development/Pre-Apprenticeship Program graduates in Virginia.
The candidate for this position needs to be domiciled in the state of Virginia, will require travel across the state and occasional travel to our headquarters in Laurel, Maryland.
- Networking with current chapter members to both meet needs and develop leads for prospects.
- Assist in follow up on any prospects department identifies.
- Recruit twelve Contractor and twelve Associate Partner members per year
- Maintain a 90% member retention rate
- Engage members in IECC projects
- Create and conduct new member orientations, encourage HQ tours where applicable.
- Assist with social media outreach, Marketing, and Branding
- Assist in both scouting event locations for feasibility and in working the events themselves.
- Promote continuing education classes and successfully run at least two classes a year in Virginia*
- Promote Careers in the electrical and low voltage industry (Through Career Fairs, Presentations and networking events)*
- Assist Workforce Development team in identifying openings for pre-apprentices and school to apprentices with member companies*
- Promote the pre-apprenticeship and school to apprenticeship program to members and prospects and assist the Education Department in identifying potential openings for the students*
*These aspects report to VP, Education and Workforce Development
The successful Candidate will be comfortable working as part of a team guided by the mission, vision, and strategic goals of IEC Chesapeake, and meet the following qualifications:
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, with experience in business development, preferably in the electrical industry- or related.
- Valid motor vehicle license and clean driving record required.
- Must possess a high level of strong organizational skills, attention to details orientation, efficient management of time and resources as evidenced by ability to set and meet clear deadlines; and excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Interest in or history of Marketing and Branding skills are a plus to this position.
- Proficient in the use of Windows OS, Microsoft Office-to include WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and navigation of Internet.
- Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs.
- Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner.
- Standing, walking, sitting, speaking, and viewing computer screens for long periods of time.
- Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 40 lbs.
- Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm for extended periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- The candidate for this position needs to be domiciled in the state of Virginia and will require travel across the state and occasional travel to our headquarters in Laurel, Maryland.
- Until a local office is established the candidate will maintain a home office/hybrid remote workstation with the laptop and phone provided by IECC.
- Local vehicle travel required as necessary up to approximately 70%.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resumes and cover letters with salary requirement to [email protected].